Dec 8, 2016

Dragon LED Candle Lantern

Hi everyone, I am back with another fun project. I thought the dragons from the new "Dragon Festival" stamp set would be perfect to decorate a lantern. So I created a simple lantern cutting file and cut it from dark red card stock.

You can download the cutting file here: DOWNLOAD (.fcm, .svg, .pdf)


Then, I cut four pieces of vellum which were a bit larger than each window of the lantern to be able to glue to the inside. Before assembling, I decorated each window and stamped the cute dragons, lanterns, and Chinese symbols on the vellum with VersaMark ink and embossed them with white embossing powder.

I also did some basic Copic coloring with red and yellow markers. Tip: To avoid coloring the white embossing powder color the images from the back side. 


Then I adhered each vellum piece to the frames and assembled the lantern.

Please only use these lanterns with LED candles and NO real candles due to fire hazards. 






2 comments:

  1. I absolutely think this is your best project EVER! Honestly you are so clever! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool looking
    and thanks for
    the cut file!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete