Jan 22, 2016

Something New (Simply Create Too Challenge Blog)

Dear all, welcome to a new challenge of the Simply Create Too Challenge Blog. The topic of this challenge is "Something New". And since I got a Big Shot for Christmas and bought a few dies to use with, my "something" new will be my Christmas presents :)



I created a bunch of cards that I want to show you today. I started off printing the adorable panda digi stamp from Jessa from Useless Trinkets on Neenah Solar White paper. I colored this cutie in with Spectrum Noir markers (IG6, IG8, IG10; Blender + IG1, IG2; Copic R24, R29, R39 - yes! My first set of Copic Markers!!!) and cut him out with my Brother Scan'N'Cut.
For the background I used a patterned paper from Create A Smiles and cut it into place using Avery Elle double pierced rectangle dies. To highlight the panda a little bit, I decided to cut out a circle (or a part of a circle) from the patterned paper which was large enough to cover the panda. I also went ahead and die cut the "thanks" sentiment from Lawn Fawn from red cardstock about 6-7 times to give it a bit of dimension.
To assemble the card I adhered the patterned paper to a card base and used foam squares to adhere the panda. Using liquid glue I attached all the thanks die cuts and adhered it to the bottom of the card.


Because I had so much fun coloring the panda, I made a few more cards. I again die cut the "thanks" sentiment (this time only once) from white cardstock and also two small panels of light pink and pink mirrow cardstock using the double pierced rectangle die (I also did the same for red and red mirror cardstock). For a bit more interest I dry embossed the mirror cardstock with this beautiful flower pattern and applied a layer of Glossy Accents on the thanks die.





2 comments:

  1. These cards are so sweet, Jeanin! The little happy panda is adorable and I love how the embossing looks on the mirror cardstock---fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are sooo sweet! It's great to see how much fun you had with Taco! Thanks for showing, Jeanin :)

    Hugs,
    Jessa

    ReplyDelete

Dieser Blog ist mit Blogspot, einem Google-Produkt, erstellt und wird von Google gehostet. Es gelten die Datenschutzerklärung & Nutzungsbedingungen für Googleprodukte. Durch das Setzen eines Häkchens vor „Ich möchte Benachrichtigungen erhalten“ können Sie Nachfolgekommentare per E-Mail abonnieren. Laufende Kommentarabonnements können jederzeit durch das Entfernen des Häkchens oder über einen Link in der Benachrichtigungs-Mail abbestellt werden.

This blog is created using the Google's Blogspot service and is hosted by Google. Google’s Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply. You can subscribe to follow-up comments via email by checking the box „Ich möchte Benachrichtigungen erhalten“. To unsubscribe you can either uncheck the box or click the corresponding link in the notification e-mail.