Feb 12, 2016

Three Birthday Shaker Cards (DeNami Design)


Hello DeNami Friends!

Today I want to show you three birthday shaker cards made in three different colors. I started off die cutting a frame out of either pink, orange or red card stock as well as a rectangle that would fit perfectly in the frame out of white card stock. To create the shaker window I used another die that cut this beautiful wavy frame. Again, I die cut it from the three different colors.


Using scotch tape, I nested the wavy frame into its negative space and adhered it at the back of the white panel. I also cut a piece of acetate which was large enough to cover the window and glued it behind the frame. I also wanted to include a sentiment and what would be better than "celebrating you". Again, depending on the color of the card, I chose a matching ink to stamp the sentiment below the wavy frame.


To create the needed dimension for the shaker material, I used a few layers of foam tape. Luckily, I had some balloon confetti lying around which was just perfect for these cards.
To assemble the card I first adhered the outer frame to a standard note card, placed a few of the balloons in the area where the shaker window would be and then adhered down the white shaker panel.


Last but not least I included this cute little owl holding a balloon. I stamped him on mix media card stock using a black hybrid ink because I wanted to color him in with watercolor brush pens. After the coloring was done, I adhered him next to the sentiment using glue dots.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Dieser Blog ist mit Blogspot, einem Google-Produkt, erstellt und wird von Google gehostet. Es gelten die Datenschutzerklärung & Nutzungsbedingungen für Googleprodukte. Durch das Setzen eines Häkchens vor „Ich möchte Benachrichtigungen erhalten“ können Sie Nachfolgekommentare per E-Mail abonnieren. Laufende Kommentarabonnements können jederzeit durch das Entfernen des Häkchens oder über einen Link in der Benachrichtigungs-Mail abbestellt werden.

This blog is created using the Google's Blogspot service and is hosted by Google. Google’s Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply. You can subscribe to follow-up comments via email by checking the box „Ich möchte Benachrichtigungen erhalten“. To unsubscribe you can either uncheck the box or click the corresponding link in the notification e-mail.