Feb 27, 2016

Under the sea

Hi everyone, I finally had enough time to use my new stamp set from Craftin Desert Divas and I just love all the images in contains. Just look at this cute turtle and sea horse! Well, I made two rather similar cards but for some reasons I had problems taking a good picture of the second one. The little purple octopus always had a strong blue tint to it...


But I started off stamping all the images on mix media paper using black water-proof ink and colored them in with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers. For the background I wanted to go with Distress inks. For the ground I used Brushed Corduroy and blended it on mix media cardstock. I did the same for the water, using Chipped Sapphire and Salty Ocea, trying to blend them together as best as possible. Since the water seems darker the deeper you are, I chose to put the darker blue on the bottom of my panel. I also sprinkled some water on the background pieces which looks like little water bubbles. 


To assemble my card I first went ahead and die cut the blue and brown pieces with my Avery Elle Pierced Rectangles and adhered them to a white note card. I adhered all the little images using foam tape and/or glue dots. To finish off the cards I wanted to use the cute sentiments of the set. For the first card I stamped "Sending Birthday Fishes" with a brown dye ink and "Swimming by to say HI" with blue dye ink on the second card.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Jeanin! This is lovely card! A great scene! Love it! I wish you a great day and send hugs from snowy Prague! Jenna, your new DT sister :-)

    ReplyDelete

Dieser Blog ist mit Blogspot, einem Google-Produkt, erstellt und wird von Google gehostet. Es gelten die Datenschutzerklärung & Nutzungsbedingungen für Googleprodukte. Durch das Setzen eines Häkchens vor „Ich möchte Benachrichtigungen erhalten“ können Sie Nachfolgekommentare per E-Mail abonnieren. Laufende Kommentarabonnements können jederzeit durch das Entfernen des Häkchens oder über einen Link in der Benachrichtigungs-Mail abbestellt werden.

This blog is created using the Google's Blogspot service and is hosted by Google. Google’s Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply. You can subscribe to follow-up comments via email by checking the box „Ich möchte Benachrichtigungen erhalten“. To unsubscribe you can either uncheck the box or click the corresponding link in the notification e-mail.