Apr 28, 2016

Happy Birthday Shaker Card

Hi everyone, I am up on the Craftin Desert Divas blog today and I want to share this fun birthday shaker card with you today.


I used the cute lion from the It's All About Zoo stamp set as well as the balloons included in the set. I stamped the images on watercolor cardstock and colored them in with watercolor markers. 
For the shaker part of the card, I used a white top-folded notecard and cut out a piece from the top. I used a clear zip log bag to create the shaker pocket that was slightly larger than the part I cut out from the card. I filled the pocket with Emerald Isle sequins, closed it up and adhered it to the notecard.


To hide the sides of the shaker pocket, I adhered a larger and smaller white strip on top. I used the "Happy Birthday" sentiment from the Simply Said stamp set and stamped it in the bottom left corner of the card with black ink. To finish off the card I adhered the little lion to the card using 3D foam squares.

Here are the products I used
(click on the picture to be redirected to the products)




I really hope you enjoyed my card. I am looking forward to seeing your creations on the blog.


2 comments:

  1. Too cute! Too cute! And a great idea to use a zip lock bag for the shaker pocket. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liebe Jeanin, der Löwe ist wirklich herrlich und genial coloriert ;o)Die Luftballons noch dazu sind der Knaller und dann ist es auch noch eine Shaker-Card! Toll ;o) Hab einen guten Start in eine tolle Woche, Maike ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Dieser Blog ist mit Blogspot, einem Google-Produkt, erstellt und wird von Google gehostet. Es gelten die Datenschutzerklärung & Nutzungsbedingungen für Googleprodukte. Durch das Setzen eines Häkchens vor „Ich möchte Benachrichtigungen erhalten“ können Sie Nachfolgekommentare per E-Mail abonnieren. Laufende Kommentarabonnements können jederzeit durch das Entfernen des Häkchens oder über einen Link in der Benachrichtigungs-Mail abbestellt werden.

This blog is created using the Google's Blogspot service and is hosted by Google. Google’s Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply. You can subscribe to follow-up comments via email by checking the box „Ich möchte Benachrichtigungen erhalten“. To unsubscribe you can either uncheck the box or click the corresponding link in the notification e-mail.