Jan 8, 2016

Sneak Peek 01 Party Owl Night Long (Denami Design)

Dear crafty friends, today starts the sneak peek week for Denami Designs! To see the cards that the rest of the design team made, go check out the DeNami Design blog post.

http://denami.blogspot.com/2016/01/sneak-peek-week-day-1-party-owl-night.html


There will also be a givaway each day on Facebook. Just click on the picture below to get directed to the giveaway and get more information.

https://www.facebook.com/denamidesign/photos/p.10154539746474298/10154539746474298/?type=3&theater

And now it's time to show you the card that I made for Day 1. I used the following stamps (I will hyperlink them to the store when they are live):

NEW CL-C112 Partytime Owl
NEW CL-E205 Cupcake Owl Trio

I saw a couple of these spinner cards on Instagram and wanted to give them a try. First, I cut out a larger and a smaller circle from white card stock, stamped the Cupcake Owl Trio as well as the Partytime Owl on them and colored the images in with Spectrum Noir markers. 
I also went ahead and cut out a large balloon out of red card stock using my cutting machine. But instead of using the complete balloon, I also cut out a circle from the center. This circle needed to be larger than the large white circle I cut earlier.


To assemble the card I adhered the larger white circle to the center of a white card base. Because I didn't have foam tape that was thick enough, I cut out a couple of (slightly smaller) circles from scrap paper, adhered them together and used them as spacer. I did the same for the balloon.
To the small white circle I adhered a 1 cent piece with two foam squares so the circle had enough space between the coin and the balloon and white circle in the center of the card. Otherwhise it wouldn't be able to move around. There should also be enough space between the center circle and the balloon so the cent piece won't get caught between them. To finish off the card I tied a piece of red and white ribbon to the balloon.







3 comments:

  1. This spinner card is so cool, Jeanin!! It's like magic!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these slider/spinner cards and this one is so beautifully simple. Love the bright colours. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool! What a cute and fun card!!

    ReplyDelete

Dieser Blog ist mit Blogspot, einem Google-Produkt, erstellt und wird von Google gehostet. Es gelten die Datenschutzerklärung & Nutzungsbedingungen für Googleprodukte. Durch das Setzen eines Häkchens vor „Ich möchte Benachrichtigungen erhalten“ können Sie Nachfolgekommentare per E-Mail abonnieren. Laufende Kommentarabonnements können jederzeit durch das Entfernen des Häkchens oder über einen Link in der Benachrichtigungs-Mail abbestellt werden.

This blog is created using the Google's Blogspot service and is hosted by Google. Google’s Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply. You can subscribe to follow-up comments via email by checking the box „Ich möchte Benachrichtigungen erhalten“. To unsubscribe you can either uncheck the box or click the corresponding link in the notification e-mail.